About Me

My photo
"I can't help it, if I wanted to. I can't help myself, even if I could . . ." . . . but, I'm a 'Michael-holic' to the very core ;-) ! Miss him more, everyday.

I Can't help it, but...

...I think about Michael all day, every day.

Listening to his music...
Playing a certain song over & over & over, again...
Watching videos...
Hanging out in my favorite forums...
Keeping up w/latest news...
Praying for his Mom, his kids, Janet...
It keeps him close to my heart...

It's like catching up w/a long-lost friend - my friend, the friend I never met, but miss sooo very much.

Why is that?

Black child with one white glove that glows

Black child with one white glove that glows
...via www.mj-777.com (Oct 23rd)

I Look to You - Whitney Houston

...is this a cry for help...did we miss it, again...? As I lay me down Heaven hear me now I’m lost without a cause After giving it my all Winter storms have come And darkened my sun After all that I’ve been through Who on earth can I turn to?

Thursday, July 22, 2010

When race-baiting backfires: The Shirley Sherrod teachable moment

When race-baiting backfires: The Shirley Sherrod teachable moment The attack on the USDA's former Georgia director of Rural Development, Ms. Shirley Sherrod, by conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart is the most recent example of the dangers that come from reactionary sound-bite politics being put in the context of race.

Breitbart does not take responsibility for releasing the video clip, but he blames the media for blowing the situation out of proportion. Additionally, he admitted that he did not see the full tape until this week after he had placed the editing edited clips on the Internet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just love this ‘penned’ phrase: “…reactionary sound-bite politics…”  This isn’t to get political on anyone, but isn’t what this gentleman did to Ms. Sherrod, the same treatment given to Michael by the media?   They took any ‘little’ thing he said or did  & blew it out of proportion;  removed things from its original context & added their two-cents to encourage a negative perception.  Isn’t this what Bashir did??!  He couldn’t destroy Michael’s soul, so instead, he set out to destroy Michael’s heart.  His ‘sound-bite’ game cost MJ his life.

But, Michael continued to love, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment